Windows Server 2022 Datacenter is the operating system that bridges on-premises environments with Azure services enabling hybrid scenarios maximizing existing investments. Increase security and reduce business risk with multiple layers of protection built into the operating system. Evolve your datacenter infrastructure to achieve greater efficiency and scale with Hyper-converged Infrastructure. Windows Server 2022 Datacenter also enables you to create cloud native and modernize traditional apps using containers and micro-services. For more details, check out the Windows Server Website
Windows Server 2022 Datacenter is the ninth version of the Windows Server operating system by Microsoft, as part of the Windows NT family of operating systems. It is the thirf version of the server operating system based on the Windows 10 platform, after Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019. It was released on August 18, 2021.
Windows Server 2022 has the following new features:
- Container services:
- Support for Kubernetes (stable; v1.14)
- Support for Tigera Calico for Windows
- Linux containers on Windows
- Storage Spaces Direct
- Storage Migration Service
- Storage Replica
- System Insights
- Shielded Virtual Machines
- Improved Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP)
- Windows Admin Center
- OpenSSH included
- Server Core: This is the recommended installation option. It’s a smaller installation that includes the core components of Windows Server and supports all server roles but does not include a local graphical user interface (GUI). It is used for “headless” deployments which are managed remotely through Windows Admin Center, PowerShell, or other server management tools.
- Server with Desktop Experience: This is the complete installation and includes a full GUI for customers who prefer this option.
- Windows Server 2022 on Microsoft Azure
- Windows Server 2022 | 64-bit ISO
- Windows Server 2022 | 64-bit VHD
There are no reviews yet.