Windows is the most used operating system in the world. It has been around for over three decades and continues to be updated with new features and improvements. The first version of Windows was released in 1985, but since then, Microsoft has made many improvements to the operating system’s capabilities. These include updates like Windows 10, which was released in 2015 as an upgrade from previous versions of Windows (Windows 8/8.1). You might wonder whether or not it’s necessary to activate your copy of Windows 10 before using it on your computer or laptop. In this article we’ll discuss some reasons why activating your copy of Windows 10 can help protect your data and increase security; what steps need to be taken before activating a license key; how easy it is for someone else who has access to your computer to use another copy of Windows 10 instead (and when this might happen); how long each step takes if performed correctly by someone other than yourself; what happens if you don’t activate within 30 days after buying?
Use the features of Windows 10
- Use the features of Windows 10
Windows 10 offers a wide range of features for consumers, including:
- Cortana, Microsoft’s personal digital assistant that learns your habits and preferences based on voice commands. You can ask Cortana to do things like set reminders or send text messages while you’re away from your computer; she’ll also keep track of important facts such as upcoming events in your calendar.
- The Edge browser replaces Internet Explorer as Microsoft’s default web browser on PCs running Windows 7 or 8/8.1 (and later). It has been designed with simplicity in mind—it doesn’t have any ads or tracking cookies so it works just like Google Chrome or Firefox does on other platforms—but it also supports extensions so you can customize how it looks and behaves even more than before!
What you need to know
You can activate Windows 10 online, on a phone call with Microsoft or by using your product key. You will need to enter your license key before you can activate Windows 10.
If you have an OEM license and want to use it to activate the operating system, follow these steps:
- Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation (or type activation into the Search box)
- Under “How do I check for updates?” select Check for updates automatically
How to enter your license key
Here’s how to enter your license key:
- Open the Settings app.
- Open the Update & Security section.
- Under “Activation,” select your device’s hardware ID (located under Identification in Device Manager). If you’re unsure what this is, check out our guide on finding Windows 10 activation keys for devices that aren’t automatically activated after receiving them with a new PC or mobile device purchase.
- Enter your 25-character product key code in the Activation box under License Information and then click Next at the bottom of this screen before going through any other steps required for updating Windows 10 on that particular device
Some features of Windows 10 require that you activate the software license.
Some features of Windows 10 require that you activate the software license. These include Cortana, Windows Store and other features. You can activate Windows 10 by entering your license key at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows10#activation_key
- Activation Key: This is a unique identifier that allows Microsoft to identify your computer and device on its servers. You will receive this key when purchasing or upgrading from an older version of Windows 8/8.1 or 7/7 Professional (SP1) to Windows 10 Enterprise edition before July 29th 2015.
- License File: This file contains all relevant information about each user connected to the system including their name, email address, phone number etc., which allows us access when asked by Microsoft Support Services for help with problems encountered during installation or activation process
It’s best that you activate your Windows 10 software before installing the operating system. This ensures that all of the features work correctly, and it also saves you time by avoiding problems with updates. If you have any questions about activating Windows 10, feel free to contact us at info.digitallicence.shop